Bauer Re-Akt 95 Ice Hockey Helmet Combo
The new Bauer Re-Akt 95 helmet combo has the distinction of replacing not one, but two older models‚Äîthe IMS 9.0 and 11.0 models. For a mid-price-point helmet, the Re-Akt 95 combo is loaded with technological upgrades and improvements while retaining some of what made the IMS 9.0 and IMS 11.0 favorites among many players.
- Profile III cage with stainless steel bars for reduced weight and improved vision
- Dual-density floating chin cup with moisture channels for effective moisture management
- Variable thickness HDPE shell for lighter weight protection
- Fully vented for exceptional air flow and cool comfort
- Tool-free, single-lock adjustment system for customized fit
- Occipital Lock 3.0 for multi-adjustment capability
- Poron XRD temple foams for elite-level temple protection at all impact levels
- VTX and IX-Foam interior for superior low-, middle-, and high-level impact protection
- Suspend-Tech liner for increased independent impact energy absorption
- Integrated moisture channels for effective, non-irritating moisture management
Bauer uses a variable thickness HDPE Pro shell in the Re-Akt 95 helmet, resulting in a lighter weight shell but still offering the same level of protection as a heavier shell. And it‚Äôs designed with many vents for exceptional air flow and cool comfort.
The adjustment system on the Re-Akt 95 is a single, tool-free lock on the top rear of the helmet. The top lock offers more protection than dual side adjustments on other helmets because it gives the player more consistent coverage above either ear. The single lock is easy to use and allows the helmet to expand and contract for a customized fit.
The ear guards on the Re-Akt 95 are removable and the new Occipital Lock 3.0 provides three different height adjustment positions. This system is spring loaded, which helps you achieve a perfect fit with a locked-in feel at the rear of the head‚Äîsimilar to the IMS 11.
The liner features an array of technologies. The Poron XRD foam at the temples‚ÄîBauer‚Äôs most advanced and protective foam‚Äîis designed to withstand repeated impacts at all energy levels. The interior base foam is Bauer‚Äôs VTX that is similar to EPP but is significantly lighter and protects the player better against high impacts. On top of the VTX, players will find a layer of IX-Foam, a molded foam that fills interior protection gaps and is designed for low to medium impacts. Working together, the foams provide excellent protection at all impact levels.
The Suspend-Tech liner is yet another layer of foam that allows the liner to move independently of the helmet, helping the helmet to absorb and reduce impact energy. The liner also features integrated moisture channels to help direct moisture out of the helmet and away from the eyes.
The Re-Akt 95 will best fit players with a round head profile. Those in love with the IMS 9.0 will appreciate the fit and feel of the new Re-Akt 95, overall an improvement over both IMS helmets in managing all levels of impacts.
This combo version of the Re-Akt 95 is outfitted with Bauer‚Äôs Profile III stainless steel cage. The cage comes in a classic flat shape and includes a floating dual-density chin cup with moisture channels to keep your chin dry during the game.
Those looking for a lot of elite performance will like what they find in Bauer‚Äôs Re-Akt 95, a mid-price-point helmet that offers a ton of features.