CCM RibCor 80K Junior Ice Hockey Skate
The CCM RibCor 80K Skate is designed for players that want a skate that will help them stand out from the pack. The RibCor 80K takes a totally different approach to responsiveness and power by offering the most optimized stride in all of hockey.
They accomplished this with the 3D-lasted composite boot paired with FlexFrame Technology. By using strategic areas of stiffness, the 80K gives players more straightaway power with a completely uninhibited range of motion through the stride. East-to-west agility is powered by the excellent lateral stability from the boot as well as composite outsole too.
Right out of the box, the CCM RibCor 80K Skate fits and feels like its already been broken in. This was made possible through the anatomical shape of the boot and more importantly, the new ADPT Ankle Pads. These heavenly memory foam pads fit like a dream which is no surprise as to why they are the most commonly requested in the NHL.
CCM used their new quick-releasing SpeedBlade XS Holder as well as the SpeedBlade XS1 Black Runner. Exclusively found on this 80K, the XS1 Black Runners are 12% taller than the standard steel for a better sharpening life, more custom profile options and a better turning radius too. Meanwhile, the black oxide coating increases edge retention and prevents corrosion.
Since the new runners are heavier, CCM needed to remove weight without compromising durability or style. The RibCor 80K uses fewer non-performance aesthetic pieces, most notably around the eyelets as well as a new lightweight TotalDri Pro+ Liner. The wear-resistance and moisture-management are still as great as ever, but the new liner plays a big role in keeping the skate lightweight all game long.
- Model Number: SK80K
- Heritage: CCM RibCor 70K / 50K / RBK RibCor
- Level of Play Guideline: Elite
- Skate Fit Guidelines: Low Volume / shallow heel pocket - narrow forefoot - low instep
- 3D-Lasted Composite with FlexFrame Technology
- Unique variable stiffness design provides players with a complete range of motion, great lateral stability and an excellent fit unlike anything else
- 3D-lasting process provides a comfortable and anatomically-correct fit right out of the box
- FlexFrame also allows the skate to adjust to a wide range of foot shapes without compromising performance or comfort
- Heat moldable so players can hit the ice with a skate that feels like it was custom made for them, which greatly reduces break-in time
- Contour Pro Collar Pads
- Helps to alleviate rubbing and chafing on the ankle
- Total-Dri Pro+ with extended DuraZone Abrasion Patches
- CCM's top-of-the-line liner provides premium moisture-management and comfort with minimal weight
- Integrated and extended anti-wear material provides extra reinforcement for key wear-and-tear areas
- ADPT multi-density memory foam ankle pads for more comfort and a better fit
- Tri-Tech 7mm Two-Piece Felt with injected HDPE foam reinforcement
- Triple-layered construction for pro-level protection and comfort
- Injected foams promote comfort and provide protection but they also mold to the top of a player's foot during the baking process
- Embossed lace-bite saddle that properly situates the laces, thus further preventing lace-bite
- CCM OrthoMove Custom Support Insoles
- Custom Arch Inserts allow players to personalize their skates to their liking
- PowerGrid (Power Platform) Technology helps to increase energy transfer for better responsiveness, feel and power
- Reinforced Composite Outsole with Exhaust Vent
- Provides premium stiffness for superior responsiveness and feel
Blade Holder and Runner:
- SpeedBlade XS with SB XS1 Black (+2mm) Runners
- Patented mechanical quick-release BladeLock system allows steel to be swapped out in seconds
- Provides a tight connection between the steel and the holder that maximizes energy transfer, provides a better life-span and prevents the runner from accidentally releasing
- Black oxide coating improves edge retention and prevents corrosion
- 12% taller than traditional steel for a more aggressive angle of attack, more custom profiling options and longer sharpening life
- Replaceable hardware (not included)
- Weight of a size 8D skate: 839 grams